Northwich Artisan Market is one of the highlights on the town’s calendar and takes place on the 2nd Saturday every month right in the heart of town running down the centre of the main shopping avenue, Witton Street.
Northwich lies in the heart of the Cheshire Plain, at the confluence of the rivers Weaver and Dane. The town is about 18 miles east of Chester. Northwich has been named as one of the best places to live in the UK according to the Sunday Times in 2014 and is currently undergoing a multi million pound regeneration programme.
Northwich Town Centre is a designated conservation area, which aims to protect the many timber-framed Victorian properties characterising the commercial centre.
The market takes place once a month throughout the year and consists of over 100 of the very finest artisan market traders lining the main shopping avenue in Barons Quay.
Our selection process is exacting so you will find a high-quality range of authentic goods with an emphasis on all that is local, ethical and original. Our traders are all super-talented and we expect great things of them.
Whether it is something for dinner, a gift for a friend, a treat for someone special or simply stocking up on essentials that you can’t get elsewhere – Northwich Artisan Market is the place to visit. No matter what the weather rain or shine, the market will enliven your spirit, and combined with a scout around the shops and time out in a restaurant; it’s a great day out!
What to expect
Nestled snugly throughout the main artery of Northwich’s shopping centre, a magnificent spectacle, an opportunity to browse stalls, taste the culinary treats, talk to artists, vintage dealers and designer-makers, or sample the hot authentic street food whilst being entertained by local musicians.
The artisan traders will have been busy, baking, brewing, preparing, making, capturing (pictures that is!), designing, distilling, sewing, stitching, stirring, cooking, sourcing, painting, growing and constructing.
All the very finest, exquisite craftsmen and craftswomen, many local to Northwich, talented, award winning, passionate, knowledgeable, creative and wonderful artisan market traders bringing a whole array of mouth watering, quirky, unusual, design led, aromatic, tasty, curious, gorgeous, distinctive, original, beautiful, useful, hand crafted, locally sourced, inspiring, seasonal, tempting, fresh, delicious, bespoke, interesting, must have goodies.
Comprehensive Covid Secure Measures will be in place at all events.
Some of our regular traders
- Nantwich, Cheshire
- 2 Myra Road
- Warrington, Cheshire
- 17 Crossfield Dr Swinton Manchester M27 9TN
- Sheffield. South Yorkshire
- Preston, Lancashire
- Alderley Edge
- 281 Frankby Road, Frankby, Wirral
- Brereton, Cheshire
- Mkt Drayton, Shropshire
- 10, St Ives Close, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 3JX
- Poynton, Cheshire
- Rock Cottage, New Lane, Churton CHESTER
- Higher Whitley, Cheshire
- Hixon, Staffordshire.
- Unit 3, The Old Brickworks, Pott Shrigley, Cheshire, SK10 5RX
- 32 Duddy Road, Disley, SK12 2gb
- Northwich, Cheshire,
- 33 Orford Green Warrington WA2 8PQ
- Lost moose creations, Darwen, England
- 11 Millrace Close
- Lady heyes craft centre, Kingsley road
- 321 Crimicar Lane
- Freckleton Nr Preston, Lancashire
- Frodsham, Cheshire
- Unit 16 Penraevon Industrial Estate
- 19 higham lane, gee cross, Hyde
- 10 Chorley Hall Lane. Alderley Edge
- Northwich, Cheshire
- Norton Crossing Cottage, Red Brow Lane, Norton, WA7 1QY
- Stockton Heath, Warrington
- Rocester, Staffs ST14 5JX
- 22 Larch Close
- 23 Hough Green, Ashley
- Blackwood pig farm, Cornelius Causeway, North Duffield, Yo85db
- Fernlea Road Northwich Cw96dn
- Wilmslow, sk9 5ps
- Unit B5, Anchorage Business Park, Chain Caul Way, Preston PR2 2YL