Chesterfield Artisan Market is one of the highlights on the town’s calendar and takes place on the last Sunday of every month adjacent to the historic Market Place (opposite Dent’s Pharmacy).
Chesterfield is a market town and a borough of Derbyshire. It lies 24 miles north of Derby, on a confluence of the rivers Rother and Hipper. It has a population of 103,800, making it the largest town within the administrative borders of Derbyshire, and the second largest settlement in the traditional county after the the city of Derby.
The Artisan Market takes place once a month and consists of over 80 of the very finest artisan market traders.
Our selection process is exacting so you will find a high-quality range of authentic goods with an emphasis on all that is local, ethical and original. Our traders are all super-talented and we expect great things of them.
Whether it is something for dinner, a gift for a friend, a treat for someone special or simply stocking up on essentials that you can’t get elsewhere – Chesterfield Artisan Market is the place to visit. No matter what the weather rain or shine, the market will enliven your spirit, and combined with a scout around the shops and a wonder around this beautiful town; it’s a great day out!
What to expect
Positioned magnificently adjacent to the historic Market Place, a heart warming spectacle reminiscent of yesteryear with a truly contemporary ‘upmarket’ twist, an opportunity to browse stalls, taste the culinary treats, talk to artists, vintage dealers and designer-makers, or sample the hot authentic street food whilst being entertained by local musicians.
The artisan traders will have been busy, baking, brewing, preparing, making, capturing (pictures that is!), designing, distilling, sewing, stitching, stirring, cooking, sourcing, painting, growing and constructing.
All the very finest, exquisite craftsmen and craftswomen, many local to Chesterfield and the neighbouring Peak District, talented, award winning, passionate, knowledgeable, creative and wonderful artisan market traders bringing a whole array of mouth watering, quirky, unusual, design led, aromatic, tasty, curious, gorgeous, distinctive, original, beautiful, useful, hand crafted, locally sourced, inspiring, seasonal, tempting, fresh, delicious, bespoke, interesting, must have goodies.
Comprehensive Covid Secure Measures will be in place at all events.
Some of our regular traders
- 2 potters yard
- 6 Brockwell Terrace, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 4HB
- Eckington Derbyshire
- 31 Fernbank Drive, Eckington S21 4HG
- 17 Crossfield Dr Swinton Manchester M27 9TN
- Sheffield. South Yorkshire
- 91 Church Hill, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire. DE15 0HR
- Studio 13, Sherwood Forest Art and Craft Centre, Forest Corner, Edwinstowe, NG21 9RN
- 24, Tyburn
- Holloway, Matlock
- Freckleton Nr Preston, Lancashire
- Unit 16 Penraevon Industrial Estate
- 19 higham lane, gee cross, Hyde
- Puffin House, Fernbrook Road, Penmaenmawr, LL34 6DE
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- 10 Willowgarth Drive
- 6 Hillman Drive, Inkersall, Chesterfield , S43 3SW
- 34 Nursery Street, Mansfield. Notts. NG18 2AG
- Blackwood pig farm, Cornelius Causeway, North Duffield, Yo85db
- Unit B5, Anchorage Business Park, Chain Caul Way, Preston PR2 2YL