Ashton Artisan Market will be set as one of the highlights on the town’s calendar and will take place on the last Saturday every month on the Market Place right in the heart of town.
Ashton-under-Lyne is a market town in Tameside, Greater Manchester, England. The population was 45,198 at the 2011 census. Historically in Lancashire, it is on the north bank of the River Tame, in the foothills of the Pennines, 6.2 miles (10.0 km) east of Manchester.
The market takes place once a month throughout the year and consists of nearly 100 of the very finest artisan market traders.
Our selection process is exacting so you will find a high-quality range of authentic goods with an emphasis on all that is local, ethical and original. Our traders are all super-talented and we expect great things of them.
Whether it is something for dinner, a gift for a friend, a treat for someone special or simply stocking up on essentials that you can’t get elsewhere – Ashton Artisan Market is the place to visit. No matter what the weather rain or shine, the market will enliven your spirit, and combined with a scout around the shops and time out in a restaurant; it’s a great day out!
What to expect
Slap bang in the heart of Ashton, a magnificent spectacle, an opportunity to browse stalls, taste the culinary treats, talk to artists, vintage dealers and designer-makers, or sample the hot authentic street food whilst being entertained by local musicians.
The artisan traders will have been busy, baking, brewing, preparing, making, capturing (pictures that is!), designing, distilling, sewing, stitching, stirring, cooking, sourcing, painting, growing and constructing.
All the very finest, exquisite craftsmen and craftswomen, many local to Ashton, talented, award winning, passionate, knowledgeable, creative and wonderful artisan market traders bringing a whole array of mouth watering, quirky, unusual, design led, aromatic, tasty, curious, gorgeous, distinctive, original, beautiful, useful, hand crafted, locally sourced, inspiring, seasonal, tempting, fresh, delicious, bespoke, interesting, must have goodies.
Comprehensive Covid Secure Measures will be in place at all events.
Some of our regular traders
- Nantwich, Cheshire
- Eckington Derbyshire
- 2 Myra Road
- Camino Gin Ltd, Alan Cartwright House, Road One, Winsford, Cheshire, CW73RL
- 31 Fernbank Drive, Eckington S21 4HG
- 17 Crossfield Dr Swinton Manchester M27 9TN
- Sheffield. South Yorkshire
- Preston, Lancashire
- Alderley Edge
- 281 Frankby Road, Frankby, Wirral
- Brereton, Cheshire
- Mkt Drayton, Shropshire
- 10, St Ives Close, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 3JX
- 57 Grimshaw Lane Bollington Macclesfield
- Higher Whitley, Cheshire
- Unit 3, The Old Brickworks, Pott Shrigley, Cheshire, SK10 5RX
- 33 Orford Green Warrington WA2 8PQ
- Lost moose creations, Darwen, England
- Lady heyes craft centre, Kingsley road
- 321 Crimicar Lane
- Freckleton Nr Preston, Lancashire
- Frodsham, Cheshire
- Unit 16 Penraevon Industrial Estate
- 19 higham lane, gee cross, Hyde
- Puffin House, Fernbrook Road, Penmaenmawr, LL34 6DE
- Northwich, Cheshire
- Rocester, Staffs ST14 5JX
- 1 Deyne St, salford, M6 5WT
- Unit B5, Anchorage Business Park, Chain Caul Way, Preston PR2 2YL