You know that I think a felted flower is a versatile and stylish way to bring colour to an outfit. And I’m sure you’ve seen the ready made hand felted flower corsages I have for sale here. I know too that you love the year-round versatility of felted flower brooches. Simply attaching one to a hat or bag for a summer event or holiday instantly adds some glamour, and in winter they cheer up a scarf or shawl. Well, now with my felted flower brooch kit, you can make one for yourself too!
My felted flower brooch kit contains the materials you need to make one flower brooch, with simple, illustrated instructions. You do need some very common household items. These are listed below. Suitable for anyone aged 10+ years. Adult supervision may be required for younger makers.
- Fibre in leaf and petal colours
- 2 x resists
- 1 x net piece
- complementary beads
- 1 x beading needle
- beading thread
- 1 x brooch bar
- illustrated instructions
You will need:
- A hand towel, bowl, soap and water, and a plastic carrier bag
- 1 x sheet of bubble wrap that is at least 25cm (10”) x 17cm (8”) in size
- 1 x something round of at least 25cm (10”) length such as a rolling pin, a length of a broom handle or 2.5cm thick dowel, or of pipe insulation etc.
- a ruler or tape measure
- strong or hot glue, or some thread and a needle, and scissors
You can choose from four colour options:
- Pastel Pink
- Duck Egg
- Warm Yellow